- The basis of medical ethics and the elements of ethical behavior for radiographers.
- Legal issues surrounding the practice of radiography.
- Patient assessment & communication techniques.
- Patient care and safety procedures for patients undergoing radiographic examinations.
- Practices for infection control.
- Practices for surgical asepsis.
- Procedures for taking vital signs and administering oxygen.
- Procedures for electrocardiography.
- Procedures for dealing with medical emergencies.
- Procedures for dealing with trauma patients and those undergoing mobile radiographic examinations.
- Considerations for pediatric patients undergoing radiographic examinations.
- Considerations for geriatric patients undergoing radiographic examinations.
- The care to be provided for patients having studies of the urinary & gastrointestinal tracts.
- The care to be provided for patients having gastric tubes, central venous catheters, endotracheal tubes & tracheostomies, chest tubes, & tissue drains.
- If you are new to online courses at BC, review the information at BConline and take the Demo Course.
- Before registering, review the Technology Requirements to be sure you computer is capable.
- All students must obtain their BC email address. It is used for course login.
Patients Care in Imaging Technology, Torres, Dutton, & Linn-Watson; Lippincott, Williams & Wilkins.
- View 14 online Unit presentations.
- Participate in 3 online Discussion Assignments.
- Participate in scheduled on-campus lecture sessions.
- Take 4 on-campus Unit Exams.
- Take the on-campus Final Exam.
You may register for this course through the main BC Website. Click on Classes/Courses & search within the term desired. You can also register at MyBC after you log in.
Once the term/session has begun, you can log on following the instructions at the BConline login page. Please note that you must pay for the course before you will be able to access it in Desire2Learn (D2L).
If you have further questions about the course, email Dr. Michael Giovanniello.
- BConline login page
- Student e-learning Resources
- 24/7 Helpdesk is Available if you need any technical assistance using or logging into BConline